makes a menu item link to the corresponding page in another language
Use this stack to change a menu item, so that it links to the corresponding page in another language. Optionally, you can style the menu(s) item and/or hide them below a given screen width (for responsive themes).Tip 1
: when hiding the menu item(s) on a small screen, use the free Stacks4Stacks’ UsefulStack
or the Resp Show/Hide stack by Joe Workman (the 5th stack in the Responsive Layout stacks
set) to show the link(s) to the other languages elsewhere on the page.Tip 2
: use my ViewportSize stack
to determine the ‘breakpoint’ of your theme.
Need help using it on a non-stacks page? Here’s a tutorial
visit the demo site
to see it in action.Usage
- Add an offsite page and redirect it to the home page in the other language.
Make sure the option used redirect page is not checked.
- Repeat the full url as set in the offsite page in the first url field of the stack.
- On the home page, select the option do not redirect.
- On all other pages, enter the url of the corresponding page in another language in the second url field of the stack.
- Optionally, style the text color of the menu item (font color, font color on hover, font weight and font style) to distinguish it from ‘normal’ menu items.
- When using a responsive theme, you can set the screen width below which they should be hidden.
This stack works in recent versions of all major browsers, including Internet Explorer 7 and newer. It is supposed even to work in Internet Explorer 6, but I didn’t bother to test that.Support
Please use this form
to report all issues, questions and comments.
This stack requires the Stacks plugin by YourHead
(version 2 or higher).
Interested in learning more about developing a multilingual site in RapidWeaver? I wrote a tutorial about this subject
that I think is worth reading.