Contact Form Populator Stack
prepopulate text fields and text areas in the built in Contact Form Page
This stack makes is possible to prepopulate text fields and text areas in the built in Contact Form Page based on a query string
. That sounds more complicated than it is, and can be very handy when you want fields in a Contact Form to be filled in based on the link that brought a visitor to this page.
For example: you have a list of products, each with a link to a contact form where the visitor can ask for more information. With this stack it is possible to have the product name field automatically filled in in the contact form.Demo:
see the demo page
See the manual
for more information.Background
This stack is partly based on a jQuery snippet by Sam Deering
- This stack only works with Text Fields and Text Areas.
- The contact form will not be prepopulated in Preview Mode. Publish your site to see this stack in action.
- At present, this stack supports a maximum of 8 form items. If you want to use it on bigger forms, just let me know. With enough interest, I’ll be happy to increase that number.
- This stack works in recent versions of all major browsers, including Internet Explorer 7 and newer. It is supposed even to work in Internet Explorer 6, but I didn’t bother to test that.
- At present, this stack can not be combined with the Contact Form Placeholder stack!
Please use this form
to report all issues, questions and comments.
This stack requires RapidWeaver
(version 7 or higher) and the Stacks plugin by YourHead
(version 3.5 or higher).